Friday 26 September 2014

Day 1. Cross Club, Prague, Czech Republic - 09.09.2014.



As expected, we started with a 2-hour-delay so we got to Prague quite late. It was evident that we would not manage on time: it took time to collect all the 8 people from different villages and pick up the amplifiers, guitar and bass boxes and drumset (and naturally some personal belongings) from two different practice rooms. What I was afraid of of being on the road too long was the too frequent piss- and smoke-breaks, but after all it was not on a hourly basis as I expected (smoking was allowed in the van, so maybe that’s why hehe), so we could get everywhere relatively on time. In Prague already the second band was playing with the funny name Hrobocop. A pleasant surprise, they played some energetic metal/ crust with a female screamer. It was not our first time in Cross club (thanks to Viktor to organize this night for us again!), which has a special, futuristic atmosphere with chaotic ornaments everywhere on the walls made in a DIY way I think. Once you must see it to believe it, there is a lot of work behind that I think. 




There were quite many people in spite of the fact it was a Tuesday (OK, Prague is a capital city). It might have helped that the entry was free, but I haven’t seen many people looking like not having something to do with this type of music (anyway Cross Club is a huge complex with many floors and different parties at one night – there was some electro or whatever in the basement and up there in the other floors for sure there were also many people just to come for a chat by some drinks and food). We played our solid set, which people seemed to enjoy (unfortunately we had no time to practice the two newest songs with vocals before the tour, so our programme was rather short, below 20 minutes I guess). Bricanyl was to follow us with the same atmosphere and of course excellent sound (in Cross it is a basic thing I think). I was surprised seeing one more band after us: Sebestřet was a trio from Prague (I suppose), they played simple crust. Nothing new or extraordinary, but I enjoyed their gig (apart from the mistakes, which made it evident that we are talking about a new band here). To the afterparties we went by taxi and surely I would never find these two (?) pubs again – both of them had superb atmosphere (I can say it more by looking at the photos taken there than my weak remembrance:). 

No comments:

Post a Comment